Sunday, December 04, 2005

Attention Blah Blah Blah pt. 2

Welcome to Goatkore!

Nothing new, I just decided to make some changes to my existing blog (the truth is I am too lazy to create another blog). How many changes will it have? Well, not much I must say. I will still write about things that I am interested in and most of the time it will be about the international DIY hardcore punk community. Most people will think that it is kinda lame for a 25 year old to still be interested with that sort of thing but I just can’t help myself. There is something about the DIY community that I don’ think I can easily explain to other peoples around me. I maybe not the most active participant right now (dude I have a job and a girlfriend) but I still give a shit about it regardless of anything.
So what’s up with the name changes? Hmmm… despite being a stupid name it is way easier to remember this new name than the old one beside it is the name of my existing print-zine, and to those who are looking forward for the new issue, check this blog regularly for some updates.

Tapes are fun!

I was cleaning my room the other day when I realized that I have like tons of cool tapes lying around and I am not talking about the tapes that I have for sale from my small tape label. I just realized how much I love tapes more than CDs or mp3s. Yes I have an iPod but the feelings I got from a tape played through my Walkman are way different from the feelings I got from listening to songs from my iPod. Again, it is something unexplainable… maybe I am just someone that love to be stuck in the past and reminiscent how good it was back then… or maybe I am just old and should just find another hobby… anyway, I think I am going to start over my tape collection and get my hands on some cool tapes from all over the world. Oh yea, maybe I should buy a tape player as well so I don’t have to be stuck with that old Walkman. Can anyone help me finding a tape player with tape-to-tape dubbing function? I remember going to some electronic shop but couldn’t find those that are similar to the one that I have back in the days.
If you’re in a band and have a demo-tape out, let me know. I would love to get my hands on those. I don’t hate CDrs but it’s not something that I am used to when I started to get involved with the DIY community. If you can help me getting some tapes of bands like Poison Idea, Black Flag, His Hero Is Gone and Tragedy, let me know about it as well because I love those bands. Tapes rule and yes I am dork for it.

My current playlist:

Poison Idea – Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes Tape
His Hero Is Gone – Monuments To Thieves Tape
Tragedy – Vengeance