Give yourself some short-tern help by:
- Paying attention: really listen to a name when being introduced. Repeat it out loud and make a comment about it (e.g. "Catherine, is that a C or a K?")
- Using linking tools: Attach new information to information you already know.
- Picturing it: Visualize a silly or strong image that you associate with someone (e.g. what animal does s/he remind you of?)
For help in the long-term:
- Make like a vegetarian: Blueberries, strawberries and anything green and leafy (especially spinach) contain brain-boosting compounds.
- Stress less: Exercise reduces stress hormones that can impair memory.
- Work your mind: Keep on your toes with brain power games like crosswords or sudoku.