Here are some quick fixes to get you working out pain free:
- Stay hydrated- this will flush muscles of any lactic acid buildup (the root cause of evil soreness).
- Stretch, stretch, stretch. Then stretch some more. Short on time? Start your workout with an easy 5-minute routine.
- Go bananas- potassium helps balance the body's fluids and heal muscles more quickly (bonus: the carbs keep you fueled).
- Give it the cold shower- taking an arctic dip immediately after a workout will help decrease muscular inflammation.
- Don't be afraid to work it- a low intensity, light cardio workout for 20 to 40 minutes will get blood flowing, which combats soreness.