Thursday, October 13, 2005

YouthCore!

I went to Singapore a couple weeks back with the guys in SelfMadeGod and Mass Separation. Saw two awesome shows and was blown away by a handful of Singaporean bands. It was definitely one of the best weeks of my life. Anyway here’s one of those handful bands that blown me away who called themselves Under Attack.

The first time I heard about them was a few months back when one of the band member passed me their demo CDr. It was surely one of the best demos I’ve heard this year. Hell it even end up on my playlist for weeks. I love listening to the kind of hardcore these guys are doing. It is short, fast and loud and although it is all textbook stuff, they are doing it with a passion that I don’t seem to find in some of the bands that have similar style with them. Shit these guys are fairly new but they sure kick the hell out of some other (Malaysian & Singaporean) bands that have been doing this for a while.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to catch one of their shows on my most recent trip to Singapore and boy do they know how to rip it up. It is fun, energetic and crazy at the same time. These guys know what the real deal man. No pretentious fastcore bullshit!

So here are a few mp3s from their demo and their upcoming release that I heard will be 4-way split with a few more SEA hardcore punk bands. I must say that I can’t wait when that one comes out.

From the demo

Hardcore by the Book
Kebebasan
Old School Hardcore Ain’t Cool Anymore?

From the upcoming 4-Way split

Youthcore!
Punk As Fuck, Fucked As You
Shoot and Kill

Hey check out their Myspace!

Note: the mp3 links have been removed!